Click To Listen>>
Today’s Host... Gavin Seim.
Today we’re going in depth on digital quality and the Six Keys to Image Quality. Gavin discusses what he’s learned about getting down and getting the best image quality possible from digital files.
Notable Time Indexes:
- 00:00 Introduction. The Challenge
- 07:05 The Six Keys to Quality.
- 26:07 Editing Process in depth.
- 29:18 Film resolution thoughts. More process.
- 49:05 Thoughts on cameras, sensors & lenses.
- 51:23 The new printer. Canon IPF8300.
- 56:52 Picks of the week (links below)
- 59:20 Coming workshops and closing thoughts.
- 1:04:32 The after show.
NOTE: The Pro Photo Show Christmas contest winners will be announced soon. Stay tuned.
The Fuji X100 looks really good.
A look at RAW vs JPEG.
I got the printer from JVH Technical in Seattle.
HDR Photography. The new film. Not that overused fad from the 2000′s
ABOVE: A crop from Sunsets Hidden Falls showing blacks and detail. The full image and process details are here.
Another example. Silver Waves of Grain. Wheat field image details and results of painting out the noise.
Bull of the Mists. An example of in image shot at ISO 3200 due to necessity.
Gavin’s Power Workflow3 LR Presets. Use code PPS to save 15%